Monday, 4 March 2013

Bathroom floor tile - Dark grey or light?

I love the look of grey floor tiles in bathrooms. I was set on getting a dark grey tile and we brought home a sample porcelain tile from Home Depot. I liked the tile, but after living with it for a couple of days, I realized that it just didn’t work in our small bathroom. The dark colour shrank our bathroom and made the floor look much smaller. See what I mean? 

(Cinnamon loves to hang out with me while I am doing my reno planning).


I realized that I had to keep searching and look for a lighter shade of grey. We went to the The Tile Store and I absolutely fell in love with it. The selection of tiles is incredible. There is a large room packed with porcelain tiles that look absolutely identical to stone tiles. I love porcelain tiles because they require no sealing/maintenance, come in beautiful colours, are affordable and are a more sustainable choice. 

It didn’t take us long to find our tile. Actually, Misha pointed it out as soon as we walked in the store. When I first saw it, I loved it but I thought a darker shade might be closer to my vision. We searched through the whole tile selection but kept going back to it.  We ended up ordering it and I know we made the right decision. It’s a beautiful semi-polished light grey porcelain tile. It is on the pricier side at $7.16/sq feet, but luckily we only need a few to cover our small bathroom floor.  We can afford to splurge this time.

Our final choice - the top tile on the right

Mia

2 comments:

  1. There are lots of tiles available for the decoration of home but vitrified tiles are the best option for floor tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics. To get more relevant information visit here Bathroom remodeler Austin

    ReplyDelete